carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

40502 - La Source
40505 - maybe Davidsbunlertanze?
and many of Serenade, of course, pictures from different eras.....including 04, which is in front of the theater formerly known as the State Theater.

Here's a pic of La Source. I think 40502 is Raymonda Variations, but I couldn't find a photo of corps costume for comparison.
40505 looks to me like a Midsummer fairy from Titania's retinue.
40504 is definitely not outside the DHK/NYS Theater. It looks like a church to me. The facade of the theater is flatter -- less relief -- and several shades lighter. Also check the pavement -- definitely not part of the Lincoln Center campus, in any stage of the renovation (so far, at least). There are no risered steps so close to the building. Also, I don't think it's Serenade. Dancer's skirt looks too short and too full.

#17 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

40502 - La Source
and many of Serenade, of course, pictures from different eras.....including 04, which is in front of the theater formerly known as the State Theater.

Here's a pic of La Source. I think 40502 is Raymonda Variations, but I couldn't find a photo of corps costume for comparison.
40504 is definitely not outside the DHK/NYS Theater. It looks like a church to me. The facade of the theater is flatter -- less relief -- and several shades lighter. Also check the pavement -- definitely not part of the Lincoln Center campus, in any stage of the renovation (so far, at least). There are no risered steps so close to the building. Also, I don't think it's Serenade. Dancer's skirt looks too short and too full.

Yes! You're right about "Raymonda" I do get those pinky/Frenchy costumes mixed up. (But I should have heard those snare drums in my head.) And about the theater and about Midsummer's, etc!

#18 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

40501 are the remade karinska tutus for GOUNOD SYMPHONY - the originals were even more pungent gold and rose - and had more ball-fringe trim, on the hems. the originals showed up in i forget which Balanchine ballet (after his death) for a preformance at SAB. E.Gorey identified them then for me, as he adored them. the re-built tutus were 'tamer' than the originals.

#19 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

40502 - La Source

Yes! You're right about "Raymonda" I do get those pinky/Frenchy costumes mixed up. (But I should have heard those snare drums in my head.) And about the theater and about Midsummer's, etc!

The Raymonda lead is blue.... rg?

#20 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

indeed, the ensemble in RAYMONDA VARIATIONS is in pink; the leads, blue.

#21 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ok, here are the IDs for the cards I have:

CB40501 - Sarah Ricard, Laura Paulus, Rebecca Krohn, taken at Old Westbury Gardens, NY
CB40502 - Sarah Ricard, Old Westbury Gardens
CB40503 - Maria, Serenade
CB40504 - Kristin Sloan, Old Westbury Gardens
CB40506 - Janie Taylor and Robert Tewsley
CB40507 - Serenade
CB40509 - Maria Kowroski and Robert Lyon, La Valse
CB40510 - Maria and Philip Neal, Diamonds
CB40511 - Serenade
CB40512 - Kyra Nichols and Philip Neal, Swan Lake
CB40513 - Sofiane Sylve, Apollo
CB40516 - Tanaquil le Clercq, Metamorphoses

#22 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, cinnamonswirl. What, I wonder, were they doing in the gardens at Old Westbury?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):