This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

NYCB greeting cards

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

40502 - La Source
40505 - maybe Davidsbunlertanze?
and many of Serenade, of course, pictures from different eras.....including 04, which is in front of the theater formerly known as the State Theater.

Here's a pic of La Source. I think 40502 is Raymonda Variations, but I couldn't find a photo of corps costume for comparison.
40505 looks to me like a Midsummer fairy from Titania's retinue.
40504 is definitely not outside the DHK/NYS Theater. It looks like a church to me. The facade of the theater is flatter -- less relief -- and several shades lighter. Also check the pavement -- definitely not part of the Lincoln Center campus, in any stage of the renovation (so far, at least). There are no risered steps so close to the building. Also, I don't think it's Serenade. Dancer's skirt looks too short and too full.

#17 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

40502 - La Source
and many of Serenade, of course, pictures from different eras.....including 04, which is in front of the theater formerly known as the State Theater.

Here's a pic of La Source. I think 40502 is Raymonda Variations, but I couldn't find a photo of corps costume for comparison.
40504 is definitely not outside the DHK/NYS Theater. It looks like a church to me. The facade of the theater is flatter -- less relief -- and several shades lighter. Also check the pavement -- definitely not part of the Lincoln Center campus, in any stage of the renovation (so far, at least). There are no risered steps so close to the building. Also, I don't think it's Serenade. Dancer's skirt looks too short and too full.

Yes! You're right about "Raymonda" I do get those pinky/Frenchy costumes mixed up. (But I should have heard those snare drums in my head.) And about the theater and about Midsummer's, etc!

#18 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

40501 are the remade karinska tutus for GOUNOD SYMPHONY - the originals were even more pungent gold and rose - and had more ball-fringe trim, on the hems. the originals showed up in i forget which Balanchine ballet (after his death) for a preformance at SAB. E.Gorey identified them then for me, as he adored them. the re-built tutus were 'tamer' than the originals.

#19 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

40502 - La Source

Yes! You're right about "Raymonda" I do get those pinky/Frenchy costumes mixed up. (But I should have heard those snare drums in my head.) And about the theater and about Midsummer's, etc!

The Raymonda lead is blue.... rg?

#20 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

indeed, the ensemble in RAYMONDA VARIATIONS is in pink; the leads, blue.

#21 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ok, here are the IDs for the cards I have:

CB40501 - Sarah Ricard, Laura Paulus, Rebecca Krohn, taken at Old Westbury Gardens, NY
CB40502 - Sarah Ricard, Old Westbury Gardens
CB40503 - Maria, Serenade
CB40504 - Kristin Sloan, Old Westbury Gardens
CB40506 - Janie Taylor and Robert Tewsley
CB40507 - Serenade
CB40509 - Maria Kowroski and Robert Lyon, La Valse
CB40510 - Maria and Philip Neal, Diamonds
CB40511 - Serenade
CB40512 - Kyra Nichols and Philip Neal, Swan Lake
CB40513 - Sofiane Sylve, Apollo
CB40516 - Tanaquil le Clercq, Metamorphoses

#22 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, cinnamonswirl. What, I wonder, were they doing in the gardens at Old Westbury?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):