This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Nilas Martins & Co. in Puerto RicoMarch 7 - 8, '08

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

According to the following schedule (link), the 2008 edition of the Casals Festival of classical music will include a rare dance offering: Nilas Martins and Stars of the NYCB, performing two different programs. Included is a revival of Peter Martins' 1980s tribute to Ray Charles, "A Fool for You," as well as Nilas Martins' own "Puccini Songs." A new work, I wonder?

http://www.festcasal...grama_univ.html

Ah..."A Fool For You." I don't think we've seen that in a while , have we? :wink:

#2 zerbinetta

zerbinetta

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

According to the following schedule (link), the 2008 edition of the Casals Festival of classical music will include a rare dance offering: Nilas Martins and Stars of the NYCB, performing two different programs. Included is a revival of Peter Martins' 1980s tribute to Ray Charles, "A Fool for You," as well as Nilas Martins' own "Puccini Songs." A new work, I wonder?

Puccini Songs premiered at the DiCapo theatre in NYC a couple of years ago and reprised recently during the company's performance in Patchogue.

It's a lovely piece, musical and romantic, and Nilas has been tweaking it since the premiere. He definitely has an affinity for Puccini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):