• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 06:59 PM

Since Marc added a link of Nioradze, I thought I'd provide the link to Galina Mezentseva's website that I found. Some people have probably seen it already, but for those of you who haven't, it's a very detailed website.
[url="http://"http://www.csa.ru/Mezentseva/"]http://www.csa.ru/Mezentseva/[/url]

#2 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 07:48 PM

Thank you for this...she is one of my favourites, but I think it good to introduce others to her, as I don't think her renown in this country is what it should be...

#3 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 04:21 PM

Thanks so much for this, Terry.

I'm with you, Juliet. I've never seen Mezentseva strike a position (pose) that is not divine. Another example of beauty that does not rely on acrobatic tricks.

#4 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 06:15 PM

The first question I plan on asking when I get to Heaven is "what on EARTH do they see in Mezentseva?" :) (Not intended to quibble -- I know there are gazillions of Mezentseva fans, and I certainly respect their opinion, but I'll never understand why.)

#5 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 09:07 AM

Yes, Mezentseva definitely polarizes the audience. One either loves her or.... Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. One thing is certain: GM has attained near-goddess-rank in St. Petersburg. Lopatkina seems to strike the same chord in Petersburgers...the long, reed-slender body that cries and sings at the same time (the gist of what they love in these two ballerinas).

#6 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 09:31 AM

I don't need Heaven to understand Lopatkina :)

#7 Andrei

Andrei

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 July 2001 - 11:48 PM

Alexandra, she is touched by God's hand. It's mean, that without knowlege she managed to do genius things on the stage. But the same time she could be absolutely dull in a minute. So, may be you just saw those bad performances. :)

#8 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 08 July 2001 - 10:30 AM

Yup, just the dull ones. Thanks, Andrei. Now I can ask better questions in Heaven :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):