This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Binklemom, here is the website:

http://www.prixdelausanne.org/e/prize/index.php

Apparently, 66 dancers began the competition yesterday. It runs through the end of this week (Feb 4 '07). We should be able to see the finals via a webcast from the competition's site.

Do you know any of the dancers, Binklemom? A quick glance at the list shows me that one of the girls is from the Vaganova Academy (Ekaterina Grazhdankina). Nice to see a couple of DC-area dancers representing the USA, one each from Maryland Youth Ballet (John Giragosian) and Conservatory Ballet-Reston, VA (Keenan Kampa).

I also confirm that both are very talented. I was particularly impressed by James Hay who won "Young British Dancer of the Year" competition last year. He was the best among the boys in Lausanne. Sae-eun Park (South Korea) and Mai Kono (Japan), respectively 1st and 2nd place, were more than simply brilliant candidates: they already have that artistry (especially Park) we're all looking for and which rarely occurs in ballet competitions.