#1 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

I think only Doug can answer my question here, but maybe some else can -

I was wondering......are the 2 variations notated in the Sergeyev Collection for Gulnare and Medora in the scene 'Jardin Anime' (danced by Preobrajenskaya and Legnani in 1899-from "Thetis and Peleus" and "Pygmalion") the same variations that are still danced by the Kirov/Mariinksy?

#2 doug

doug

Bronze Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

In the main body of the Jardin anime notation, the two variations notated are no longer danced by the Kirov. A couple additional variations are notated separately and these include the Medora "Pygmalion" variation that is still danced (albeit in embellished form) by the Kirov.

#3 tatiana

tatiana

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 05:03 AM

Dear colleagues.
for your information: there is another notation of Le Jardin Anime' in Moscow, in Petipa's archive of Bakhrushin Museum. There are several pages with his schemes of dancers' groups and explications.
Unfortunately there is not detailed notation of variations...

#4 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:41 PM

Dear colleagues.
for your information: there is another notation of Le Jardin Anime' in Moscow, in Petipa's archive of Bakhrushin Museum. There are several pages with his schemes of dancers' groups and explications.
Unfortunately there is not detailed notation of variations...

Thank you for the interesting information Tatiana and welcome to Ballet talk.
As ever Doug we recognise your endeavour and expert contributions.
Leonid

#5 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

I watched the Bolshoi's version of Jardin Anime on YouTube, and it is wonderful!!! It is so much better and so much more exciting than the Mariinsky's shorter version of that scene. I hope the upcoming Bolshoi Corsaire that will be transmitted into movie theaters will have this version of the Jardin Anime, and let's hope it gets a dvd release too!!! So beautiful!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):