This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Anna Karenina 1997 film (with Sophie Marceau)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:17 AM

Hi
Yesterday I just caught a part of the above film. Anna was at the center parterre theatre watching "Swan Lake" (Vronsky was at a Grand Tier, or soemthing similar). My doubt is how accurate that is, as Swan Lake was premiered in 1877 in Moscow, and in 189-something in St Petersburg. Could the characters in the novel be really watching Swan Lake, or is that inaccurate historically?

Also I must confess I never read the novel, so I do not know if Tolstoi really mentions that specific ballet, or if that was the film director's responsibility.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,854 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

It's been years since I read the book, but I recall no scene involving "Swan Lake," and I do not believe the dates match up. Sounds like you saw the version with Sophie Marceau?

#3 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:56 AM

Yes, Dirac, it is the version with Sophie Marceau that I saw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):