This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

La Fille mal gardée

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

The link to the video preview of La Fille: http://www.houstonba...MPEGPreview.asp

Shown are Sara Webb, Dominic Walsh, and Phillip Broomhead (as the mother).

#2 Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:37 PM

Aaagh, I've been out of town this entire past week which means I missed practically the whole run of La Fille, but if anyone has seen it, please report!

#3 pugbee

pugbee

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:39 AM

Didn't make it to La Fille. I've only seen this ballet once, on a video -- but I can't say I liked it much. Maybe I need to see it live to appreciate it. I contemplated going this afternoon, as it is a good friend's last performance with the company... but I just couldn't get excited about this ballet!

#4 Soccerbeamgurl

Soccerbeamgurl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:17 PM

I saw it! I just found this board so I am a little late on everything. I am not experts like yall but I really enjoyed it. There were a few parts that bored me though. Everyone had sung praises of the pa de duex through the window, but to me it wasn't that great. The mother was great though but I am not sure it was Mr. Broomhead, I keep thinking it was Claudio Munoz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):