This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Endstation Sehnsucht back on stage in January

John Neumeier's Ballet in two acts will be back on stage on January 10th.

On January 4th Reid Anderson and John Neumeier invite to a ballet-talk about this ballet. It was choreographed for the Stuttgart Ballet by John Neumeier and had its world-premiere in december 1983.

John Neumeier was inspired by Tennessee Williams work 'A streetcar named desire'.

The mainrole, Blanche du Bois, was originally danced by Marcia Haydee. This time Alessandra Ferri is supposed to dance a couple of performances.

I really hope that my favourite female dancer in Stuttgart, Sue Jin Kang, will have the chance to be in the cast.

Endstation Sehnsucht was the 2nd. ballet after Lady of the Camellias which John Neumeier choreographed for Marcia Haydee and the Stuttgart Ballet after the death of John Cranko.

There are no additional cast infos for Endstation Sehnsucht out yet. Actually there are no cast infos out at all.

Alessandra Ferri as Blanche seems to be the only name announced yet.

Sue Jin Kang said in an interview that the role of Blanche du Bois would be the only role of the Stuttgart repertoire she has not danced yet and that she sees this role as a big challenge. Since I love her dancing-acting very much I hope we will find her name in the cast list.

I have not heard about Maria Eichwald in this ballet.

Stuttgart, do you know why Sue Jin Kang has not got to dance the role of Blanche?

John Neumeier said in an interview that he wanted a mature dancer because Endstation Sehnsucht was one of the very few of his ballets which was done for a special person (Marcia Haydee).

Sure, Alessandra Ferri is fantastic but i had expected Sue Jin Kang at least in the B-cast.

Sue Jin Kang is a wonderful dancer/actor and has danced all the big dramatic roles with Stuttgart Ballet.