This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Suzanne Farrell dress rehearsal in DCLoved it!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BalletNutter

BalletNutter

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 04:35 PM

Just returned home with my dds from the Kennedy Center dress rehearsal for the Suzanne Farrell Tchaikovsky program. Wow! I was so impressed. The program was outstanding with some terrific principal dancers, none of whose names I know because there were no programs available. (I'll be seeing it "for real" on Sunday.)

They performed Mozartiana, Serenade, Waltz of the Flowers and the Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux with a live orchestra. The entire program was stunning. Then again, I'm not a dance critic. However, I've seen her programs at the Kennedy Center since 1999 and she has clearly come into her own this season. There is a cast of 34 dancers this time around. I can't even pick a favorite dance -- they were each exquisitely danced. Just a magnificent performance even for a dress rehearsal. And the most fun of all was watching Miss Farrell in action with the dancers!! What a great afternoon ... made it all worthwhile taking my dds out of school early and missing ballet class to boot!!

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,753 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:01 PM

Thank you for the report, BalletNutter. I'm sorry they didn't do Mozartiana when they were in my vicinity. Far be it from me to encourage anyone to miss school and class, but it sounds well worth it. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):