This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Kirov in Boston

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 bbfan

bbfan

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 01:59 PM

Seems to me the overture should be a signal for the audience to quiet down and get in the mood for the performance to come, not to keep talking. I felt lucky the people behind us included a woman who made sure everyone had their cell phones off, and discretely shushed the people with her when they showed signs of talking at inappropriate times. It was nice to be seated near a thoughtful person. (Only slightly off set by the couple next to us who had their water bottles and chocolate bars handy, both forbidden in the Wang seats. Fortunately they saved their snacking for intermissions.)

As for seating latecomers, I was surprised to see that at the Kirov performance. BB is still pretty strict about not seating latecomers after the house lights are down. I thought it was a theater policy but maybe the policy is set by the organization performing.

Another difference noted between Kirov and BB - more fur coats at Kirov!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):