This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Music

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 12:27 PM

I'm not sure if I've put this question in the correct area, but here goes.

I'm sure this is a tough one, but I would like to find out the name and composer of a particular piece of music that I heard in part III of "The Six Wives of Henry VIII"-BBC.

The scene is a court dance with Henry and Jane (Seymour) sitting on their thrones. Mary the first enters to give her father a gift and he in turn gives her a gift.

I heard the music on the radio several years ago and I think it was announced to be Flemmish.

I know that if I have any luck in procuring the answer, it will be by way of a BA member. :)

#2 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 12:45 PM

I tried imdb.com - no luck unfortunately. Google shows mostly stuff about Rick Wakeman's unrelated rock album of the same title, but it's worth a more in-depth search.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,952 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:43 AM

It's too bad that TV series usually don't show music credits, as movies do.

#4 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:47 AM

Glebb, I would bet you could pursue that through BBC. That credit exists somewhere, and they'd be the ones who know. There might be information on that series on their site, but if not, why not email them and ask for a list of the music used?

#5 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:21 AM

Assuming it's the same version

www.medieval.org/emfaq/cds/bbc1.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):