This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thursday, June 27

A report on the Prix Benois 2024 by Ilona Landgraf in her blog, "Landgraf on Dance."

The jury consisted of Svetlana Zakharova (artistic director of the Benois de la Danse Programme and chairwoman of the jury and prima ballerina of the Bolshoi Theatre, Russia), Yukari Saito (artistic director of The Tokyo Ballet, Japan), Qu Zijiao (artistic director and president of the Liaoning Ballet and head of the Liaoning Ballet Affiliated Ballet Dance School, China), Patrick de Bana (dancer and choreographer), Nacho Duato (choreographer and artistic director of the Mikhailovsky Ballet, St. Petersburg, Russia), Tamás Solymosi (choreographer and artistic director of the Hungarian National Ballet, Budapest), and Andrei Uvarov (former principal dancer of the Bolshoi Ballet and deputy artistic director of the Sevastopol Opera and Ballet Theater, Crimea, Russia).

Alessandra Ferri is interviewed by Jocelyn Noveck for the Associated Press.

Ferri wasn’t always ready. She was approached to run a company years ago, when she first retired. “It wasn’t the right time. This time I was approached, and I went (snaps fingers). I knew back then I wasn’t ready to dedicate myself to others 200%. Now I am.”

A review of American Ballet Theatre in "Woolf Works" by Robert Greskovic in The Wall Street Journal.

With her distinctly arched and tapered feet and her dark-eyed facial expressiveness, Ms. Ferri helped dramatically center “Woolf” amid Mr. McGregor’s oftentimes monotonous flow of activity. In another cast, ABT principal dancer Gillian Murphy performed this role, and with her own strong feet and serene facial focus established a clear and notable presence all her own.