This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The Sarasota Ballet came to London

The visit to London was a complete triumph.  Also a complete sell out.  For those thinking that taking Ashton to Britain might be taking coals to Newcastle. you have to remember that Ashton's work is strictly rationed here and the Sarasota company treated us to works not seen in decades.  For me the highlights were Sinfonietta and, especially, Valse Nobles et Sentimentales.  I loved seeing the latter so much it brought tears of joy to my eyes.  My only regret was that they only stayed for a week.  can we have a return visit please?

It has been enjoyable and inspiring reading about this tour. 

In general I only get to read about the Sarasota Ballet--I have not been able to see them. But, as an Ashton fan, I always read about them with interest and I am very happy that they were warmly received in London. One of their new ballerinas (Jessica Assef) was with Atlanta Ballet until recently and I had been thinking how great it was that she got such an opportunity. 

(Edited to add that I just saw that she was featured on the Royal Ballet's "insights" program on the Ashton festival.)

Edited by Drew
Because Sarasota does not have four 'a's...