This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tuesday, May 21

A former office manager of Naples Ballet is accused of stealing from the company.

Saunders allegedly created a fictitious company that processes payments for credit cards belonging to Naples Ballet.

She then conducted 298 fraudulent transactions from 2019 to 2022, totaling over $153,000.

An obituary for ballet teacher Waltraud Karkar.

Karkar established the  Central Wisconsin School of Ballet in 1969 with a vision to create the highest quality dance education program in the region. The school is now in its fifth decade and is spearheaded by Karkar’s son, Patrik Kasper, with award-winning programs that have touched thousands of students.

Q&A with Matthew Ball.

You love doing projects outside of the Royal Ballet, whether it’s fashion projects, choreography or other creative ventures. What else are you doing at the moment

So, at the minute, I’m creating a piece for New English Ballet Theatre, which is a company that focused on giving experience to younger dancers, some of the stuff in period like transitioning between being students and professionals. It’s almost like a junior company setup. For me, it’s a really nice opportunity to get to work with a bigger group of dancers than I usually would, than the more volunteer-based sort of stuff that we do here at the Opera House from time to time, so that’s really enjoyable for me to have the opportunity to start kind of scaling up (teaching) at least very slowly. It’s how I want to be doing it rather than trying to run before I can walk. I really enjoyed that the opportunity to have a voice that’s not imposed upon me. I think the nature of collaboration is really interested in and I very much enjoy working with choreographers and stuff like that. 

A video feature on Golden State Ballet.

Magda O’Neill speaks about the Golden State Ballet which is committed to celebrating inclusivity and diversity, nurturing talent and creating performances with high production value. In commemoration of its third anniversary, the professional ballet company will present “Trifecta” – contemporary masterworks from the past, present and future – June 2 at the San Diego Civic Theatre.