This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Colorado Ballet 2018-19 roster

The dancers are back in the studio today, judging from social media. The roster of dancers has changed surprisingly little, although I suppose future announcements are still possible.

https://www.coloradoballet.org/company/dancers

Sharon Wehnert has retired as a principal, but that was announced a year ago. No other changes in principals (now 5) or soloists (5). In the corps, two apprentices have been promoted (Regan Kucera and Tyler Rhoads). So they now have 29 on contract, including the apprentices.

I was surprised that nobody else departed, other than Wehnert. In previous years several moved on to other regional companies or retired from the profession.  One theory: they are doing five programs this year, which are quite varied, so that might have made it very attractive to stay on. I confess that I was hoping for a promotion or two from the corps to soloist - maybe next year. Nothing announced for the Studio company yet for next year.