This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The charitable view of the new ROH site is that it's not finished yet, and that company information (for the opera as well) will be added before the season starts. Even if this is true, though, I think it's poor planning that they haven't left some stubs to tell us that.

:) The good news is that some semblance of a Royal Ballet site is now up. So far only bios of the principal dancers have been posted, but at least each is linked to a listing of the dancer's scheduled performances, which should be helpful to his or her fans.

http://www.roh.org.uk/discover/thepeople/t...llet/index.aspx

Hey!

Just thought I will bring this thread back up :-)

I recently bought the DVD and have just finished watching it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought Cojocaru was absolutely magnificent! I really love her dancing and the Rose Adgaio was just perfect! However, I'm not too sure about Federico Bonelli. What do you guys think of him? I thought he had some really clean leaps but I didn't particularly enjoy his dancing- I would definitely have prefered Johan Kobborg as I believe he and Alina would have had much better chemistry (for obvious reasons ;-) ).

I was also reading this article at ballet.co.uk and just thought this paragraph about Federico was interesting...

"Discussing Sleeping Beauty, Federico felt that the technical side was challenging, though the character is ‘just’ a fairy tale prince. He recalled that one night Johan Kobburg was injured so Federico’s first Sleeping Beauty was being sent on from the wings to dance with Alina Cojocaru. He had to change very quickly from his street clothes. He had no make up or boots. He had to dye his shoes with tea. He said that at least no-one can blame you in these circumstances if something goes wrong! "

He's not talking about this performance on dvd is he? I knew he replaced Kobborg but I wouldn't have thought it was a last minute thing? Does anyone know more?

Oh and here's the link to the article if anyone is interested. :-) http://www.ballet.co.uk/magazines/yr_06/ma...i_interview.htm

The DVD is now available for pre-order in the UK. If previous patterns hold, it should go on sale in North America two months later.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tchaikovsky-Ovsyan.../dp/B001B223UG/

:) I have just received my copy of this ordered from Amazon, and feel very disapointed on the quality of this DVD. Maybe I have got a bad disk? The filming of this production is very poor. To be honest it should never have been released, For most of the performance the dancers feet are cut off, even the Principles suffer the same fate. The lighting is so bad you cannot see the edges of the screen, with the court members shaded in blackness, so you cannot see them clearly. Every scene is not sufficiently lit. I feel like sending it back to Opus Arte with a letter of complaint, and request for a refund.

When you see the Paris Opera Ballet, version it is superb, bright showing the costumes, scenery and dancers to full effect, it makes you realise how bad this item is. I am usually very pleased with the DVD's I purchase. I am sorry to say at £23.98 it is poor value for money.