This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Antonio Carmena

printscess

I just noticed Antonia Carmena for the first time on Wednesday evening in Les Gentilhommes. What a magnificent dancer! He was so graceful and fluid. He was the best thing about that ballet. I asked myself where have they been hiding him? I went on the web site and saw that he has been in the company for a decade. :thumbsup:

On my last two visits to New York, Antonio Carmena's dancing really caught my eye. He put in an great appearance in the third section of Symphony in C, brimming over with lots of old time NYCB exhurberance. Also Adrian Danchig-Waring seemed to be a very articulate dancer--I hadn't noticed him before.

I just noticed Antonia Carmena for the first time on Wednesday evening in Les Gentilhommes. What a magnificent dancer! He was so graceful and fluid. He was the best thing about that ballet. I asked myself where have they been hiding him? I went on the web site and saw that he has been in the company for a decade. :blush:

Carmena has a terrific jump, a courtly and expansive line, a genuine smile and is generally a delight to watch. I have noticed that sometimes, when he gets a soloist role, he exaggerates his make-up too much, and seems to strain a bit -- probably nerves. But in general, a wonderful dancer. He and Adam Hendrickson were well paired tonight.

Adrian D-W is taller and a bit more elegant than Carmena. He, Tyler Angle, Austin Laurent (another cute one with a good line) and Giovanni Villalobos were wonderful as the 4 frogs in "Spring" of the 4 seasons tonight.