This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

While I was wandering CostCo, I passed by the HDTVs; typically they have some sporting event HD clips running. This time, they had a ballet on and it looked very good. I'm not sure exactly what ballet it was as it quickly excerpted to something else. I did notice that it had Nina Ananiashvili in it and that it looked like like La Bayadere Land of the Shades or Giselle's Wilis or sumsuch. It had a very nice look to it as opposed to (say) the DVDs that are simply VHS-dumps. No, i donut know which ballet company it was nor how old, though, if it was filmed in HD, it must be fairly recent.

Anyone know what this is and what/where it's from?

-goro-

making a wild guess i recently noticed that ananiashvili's DON QUIXOTE opposite the dashing alexe fedeyechev is now released on dvd. perhaps the segment you saw was from the dream scene of this production.

i don't know of any BAYADERE or GISELLE now on tape w/ Ananaiashvili and a full corps de ballet but i could be mistaken.

perhaps someone is simultaneously responding your query more authoritatively.

making a wild guess i recently noticed that ananiashvili's DON QUIXOTE opposite the dashing alexe fedeyechev is now released on dvd. perhaps the segment you saw was from the dream scene of this production.

i don't know of any BAYADERE or GISELLE now on tape w/ Ananaiashvili and a full corps de ballet but i could be mistaken.

perhaps someone is simultaneously responding your query more authoritatively.

my main point was that this ballet was FILMED IN HI-DEFINITION as looked really nice (not just an up-converted 480p DVD) and so i'm really interested in what the source is (HD-DVD? Blu-Ray?) and if there are not HD masters of ballets. I'm looking at the 2nd gen Tosh HD-DVD player (XA2) or perhap a PS3; I'm still debating the relative merits of either HD system. Ballets available would tip the balance!

-goro-

if ananiashvili was filmed it anything like the ballet scene mentioned here it would have to been a few years back because she has been off stage for at least 2 years, if mem. serves, starting a family and running the georgian ballet company.

i plead total ignorance in the light of what makes HD dvds etc.

none of the above technology acronyms and numbers means anything to me i'm afraid.

good luck w/ your explorations.