This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB Dancer on Dancer Interviews

Thanks to Oberon :thanks: for the heads up that Pauline Golbin's delightful interview series has resumed. The subject this time is Jock Anthony Soto, with whom Pauline spoke as he prepped for his final performance. Either the guy has nerves of steel, or he welcomed the distraction from the significance of the day.

--> The Link.

1. This documentary sounds great! Do you think it will be released to the public at any time?

2. A while back there was a discussion on the word "boyfriend" in article on Miss Whelan's wedding. Interesting that in this interview Jock uses that same word.

3. I really got a kick out of his choice of least favorite word. "Again" is truly a word dancers come to both hate and love. It struck me as clever and quick on his feet.

Thanks for the alert! I just love Bouder -- her clear definition of every shape and every step, her ebullient joy in dancing, her expressive eyes, her daring and flirtatious nature. I saw two of her famous falls in person, and one on TV during the 10th Anniversary of the Diamond Project, and my reaction was always admiration. She was clearly giving everything she had, and just picked herself right up and went on. I thought, "Balanchine would have loved it!"