This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

What to Include in an Academic class on Ballet

I've collaborated with one of my ballet teachers here at school and we are creating an independent study class with a syllabus based on ballet. Working over what to include in the syllabus got me to wondering what the world out there would do? What would you include in an academic class for high school students that focuses on ballet?

Ms. Leigh-

I am a student in the class being taught on ballet, as an independant study class there will be fewer than 4 students in the "class", it will meet about once a week. Becuase the school I go to is private there are very little state or federal requirements as to how class credits are distributed, so its the schools policy to grant permission for independent study classes if the student/s can find a teacher who is willing to teach material that is not available in the traditional class room classes being taught. a few ideas that have been brought up are units on Arts Administration, and the History of Dance in America. I hope that clears things up!