This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Still around!

Guest susan994

Guest susan994

Hi everyone, I know I have not posted, but I have been reading most all the posts, and have learned quite a few new things. I just don't know what to say half the time and so I end up not posting at all. It's the same way in the rest of my life, I don't talk much, but I LOVE DANCING! Anyway, I felt I better say something since I do get alot out of this board. So, I'm still here! Thanks.

Susan

Guest emattdar

Hi Susan!

I feel the same way....I don't really have anything to add most of the time b/c it seems like most of the people on this forum know so much and it's intimidating. :wub: But I learn alot from all of them! I'm just relieved that I'm not alone! :)

Take Care!

D

Welcome to Susan994 and emattdar!

I do understand exactly how you feel and I applaud you for posting this! I'm also the quiet type and never felt I had much to add of any importance to this board of such knowledgable posters. I can guarentee though if you stick around long enough you'll notice that there are many people here just like us who just need that little push to get started. Like Mel said, "speak up"...a phrase I'm all too familiar with! Start with a question and you'll be surprised at how many people will respond to you...even the most knowledgable of posters are often learning something new here everyday! Tango :blink:

Goodness, I'm glad you mentioned it! Please do ask questions, and even take a stab at giving an answer or a comment. We all were newbies here once, and some of us that sound very knowledgeable got that way from participating in these discussions. This is a very friendly board; no one will criticize what you say. Welcome!

Guest emattdar

Thanks so much treefrog and tango49!!

I do have a question about something I watched on TV last night. It was the Kirov doing Le Corsaire (sp?) and I thought the ballerinas looked rather clunky. Like the lines they hit were beautiful but getting there looked heavy. They weren't overweight or anything but looked earthbound if that makes any sense. Is that just their company, or is that how ballet is supposed to look? It was on Ovation, the arts network in case anybody else saw it. I really don't want to offend anyone but I am curious.

D

I noticed that in the Kirov's video of Corsaire as well, then on second inspection, I noted that it had been recorded from a camera angle well above that which is usually seen in many shots. Doubtless, the idea was to show the stage pattern, but it also had the effect of squashing the jumps and making many people look overly gravitied.