This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet outside capital cities

I'm a bit happy cos I'm going to see the ENB twice next week :D !

We will see Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes, Trapèze, Melody on the Move on Tuesday, and Cinderella on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it and will try (with my usual poor attempt at reporting) to let you know how both performances are.

I have one gripe though - in the last few years the ENB have done Swan Lake (more than once), Nutcracker, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty in Bristol, plus a few mixed bills. That's it for full length ballets! And guess what - they're back in Feb with Swan Lake again! Now, don't get me wrong, I love Swan Lake - I love ballet full stop - but ENB's tour last year included Coppelia, but not in Bristol! We get another company (Ellen Kent International) who seem to just do Swan Lake and the Nutcracker, and next year Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake is coming too, not that I'm complaining about that one! Are you seeing a pattern here :thumbsup: ?

I will probably go and see all of it - I usually do - but I know my BF is going to start getting bored. He's new to ballet and I'd quite like to keep him interested!! And we can't afford to keep travelling all the time to see ballets.

How do we get and keep people interested outside of London if we get the same stuff all the time?

Tickets usually sell out really quickly here, but the theatre had to send out extra fliers to their mailing list in order to sell out this time :shrug: . And what is more unusual is I found out from the box office that the triple bill had sold out faster than Cinderella. That should be speaking volumes to the company. Here's hoping the ENB decide to bring something different next autumn.