This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

NYCB first Copenhagen performance

Ok Pamela, here we go. I saw three performances: Tuesday, Saturday matine and evening. Tuesday had the best programme with maybe the finest Balanchine ballets. Serenade, Agon, Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux and Symphony in C. Very good but not as sparkling as I had expected. They seemed at bit uninspired this first day. The highlight of the week for me was Nikolaj Hübbe (with Yvone Borree) in Square Dance on Saturday, with his outstanding stage presence and dancing as Vila perfectly described above. Other highlight was the tall and beautiful Maria Kowroski in everything, specially with Jack Soto in Sonatas and Interludes. I also saw her in Serenade, Symphony in C and Agon.

On the Thursday I saw, instead of NYCB, the last of the three fantastic RDB Manon performances that Silja Schandorff and Nicolas Le Riche has given us. This time very daring in the last scene and a standing ovation.

HEY :P

I saw NYCB in copenhagen both monday, tuesday and sunday, and i must say even though the tivoli venue was NOT perfect (infact terrible for dancing) the company did great!!!!! Though many people didnt find Wheeldons carousel (a dance) that interesting, I LOVED it.... especially the pas de deux wich was just thrilling.... Besides that it was fun to see Bouder and De luz doing symfony in C - he is soo good and sooo small!!! :(