This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Peter and the Wolf

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:38 PM

What a happy experience watching the DVD of "Peter and the Wolf" danced by the students at Royal Ballet School. My mother made me (yup, force) listen to this music as a child and, much to my surprise, I grew to love it. The students of Royal Ballet School put on a delightful performance of a ballet choreographed by Matthew Hart. Grandfather is danced by Anthony Dowell; the wolf is Martin Harvey, now a member of Royal Ballet. The fate of the duck might be a bit jarring for tykes until the happy resolution at the end, but all in all I think this would be a wonderful ballet DVD or tape to give children. Very good dancing and as such a fun filled introduction to ballet for kids. It's only 30 minutes long and comparatively inexpensive (check amazon.com by clicking on at the upper right-hand corner of this site).

#2 atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:26 AM

You are so right Giannina!. I gave this tape to two little tykes in my family---a boy of 6 and a girl of 2 and they LOVED it. They were relieved when the duck emerged whole. I think one of the reasons they like it so much is that the cast is young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):