This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Peter and the Wolf

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:38 PM

What a happy experience watching the DVD of "Peter and the Wolf" danced by the students at Royal Ballet School. My mother made me (yup, force) listen to this music as a child and, much to my surprise, I grew to love it. The students of Royal Ballet School put on a delightful performance of a ballet choreographed by Matthew Hart. Grandfather is danced by Anthony Dowell; the wolf is Martin Harvey, now a member of Royal Ballet. The fate of the duck might be a bit jarring for tykes until the happy resolution at the end, but all in all I think this would be a wonderful ballet DVD or tape to give children. Very good dancing and as such a fun filled introduction to ballet for kids. It's only 30 minutes long and comparatively inexpensive (check amazon.com by clicking on at the upper right-hand corner of this site).

Giannina

#2 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:26 AM

You are so right Giannina!. I gave this tape to two little tykes in my family---a boy of 6 and a girl of 2 and they LOVED it. They were relieved when the duck emerged whole. I think one of the reasons they like it so much is that the cast is young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):