#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 07:28 AM

Thanks to Samba for this sad news.

Long-time Miami-based dance critic Laurie Horn has died, after a 15-year struggle with breast cancer. There should be an obituary in the Miami Herald tomorrow.

Funeral services will be in Mimai's Mt. Nebo cemetery at noon today Ms. Horn had requested that donations in her name be made for a dance scholarship at the New World School of the Arts in Miami.

#2 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:04 PM

This is indeed sad new. I know she did struggle for years. May she find peace.

#3 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:31 PM

I knew Laurie from my years in Florida. She was a dedicated dance lover and critic, and she put up a valiant fight against this cancer. May she rest in peace.

#4 scoop

scoop

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 12:12 PM

Oh, so very sad to hear this. I too knew Laurie and her writing from my Florida days. I have great memories of the first years of the Miami City Ballet and how Laurie so ably chronicled them. I think her serious, comprehensive coverage, and the way she showed how vital a role ballet can play in the local culture, was an undeniable part of their success. Fond farewell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):