This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Altman filming the Joffrey

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Watermill

Watermill

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 08:19 PM

Hey, c'mon guys, what's the scuttlebutt on the film Robert Altman's shooting there?

If Altman is true to form, he should be very involved with the nitty-gritty of the dancer's lives and work.

Don't make me wait for the E! special...

Watermill

#2 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 07:21 PM

I don't have much scuttlebutt, but the Chicago Tribune reports that people are invited to don their rain gear and attend an outdoor performance/film shoot Saturday evening. How do they know it will rain? They will make it rain! and blow! I don't know what the plot is, but it apparently involves typical yucky Chicago weather.

I'd love to go, even though the high for the day will be 65 degrees Fahrenheit, and the evening promises to be much cooler. Hm, what a great evening: sitting for three hours in a cold, wet blow and watching ballet. Unfortunately, I am taking the kids to Riverdance. My husband, who does not have a Riverdance ticket, says maybe he'll go watch the Joffrey in "Puddledance".

Here's the link to the Trib's story:

#3 Watermill

Watermill

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 07:19 AM

One can only assume thy're dancing Swan Lake?

#4 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:46 AM

Yes, unless the temperature drops a whole lot, and then they can preview the snow scene from Nutcracker ...

#5 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 02:01 PM

Or they could be dancing "Light Rain" - no joke, that's a ballet in their active repertoire!;)

#6 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 08:00 PM

Maybe Light Rain will do, but I think the prediction is for heavy storms and strong winds!

(Although it is a lovely piece -- and I'm jealous that I didn't think of it.)

Perhaps "Caught"?

#7 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 02:57 AM

Actually, from what I hear, they're going to be doing Arpino's "Suite Saint-Saens" and Lubovitch's "My Funny Valentine".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):