This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Charlie Stratton's "In Secret"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Who has seen this..?

I went tonight, and LOVED IT.  The film truly captures the dark, gloomy atmosphere I remembered very well from the book-(I read it when I was an adolescent, and never saw any film adaptation...).  Elizabeth Olsen is just on the spot for the role-(thank God no Keira Knightley here!), and loved seeing Jessica Lange again.  She was fantastic.

Go see it.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

I saw a trailer last week, but hadn't heard that this was in process, so I'm pretty clue-free.  It looked great, and I'm glad to hear good news.

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Glenn Close was supposed to play Mme. Raquin, but she dropped and instead Lange was called-(she is magnificent here).  Funny...there's a sequence with Lange which looks carbon copy from one of Close's best remembered ones.  Of course we all know the story, but I think given that I never went back to the book again, and never saw any other film adaptations, made it for a very pleasant night at the cinema.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):