• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

A private fund in Denmark has just given the RDB about $9 million dollars for new work and new productions over the next 4 years - very good news at any time but particularly now, when the current season shows a sadly restricted repertory compared with a few years ago. 

Eva Kistrup has the details in her blog

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

A new production of Jewels -- it really is becoming a benchmark ballet, something that you present, in part, to prove that you can.

#3 Anne

Anne

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

It sounds great that this donation will make a revival of The Lady of the Camellias in the theatre's own costumes and sets possible. And a new ballet by Neumeier is a great idea, very much in line with the tradition of the company, who has always had a close relationship with the choreographer. Likewise I'll be looking forward to seeing Jewells with our own dancers, though I could be a little worried if they have enough dancers who can cope with its extremely tough technical challengies.

But why on earth does Hübbe want to replace his own La Sylphide with a new one? It is only 10 years old, and it is a very fine production. I hope it is only a case of renewing the sets for the second act, which are a little non-atmospheric, and not a completely new production (- and hopefully not an updated one, like Napoli and A Folk Tale!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):