This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancer Isanusi Garcia RodriguezDetermined MCB Dancer battles back from brain aneurysm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cahill

cahill

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Jordan Levin's story on Rodriguez's battle recover from a brain aneurysm he had in December. 

http://www.miamihera...let-dancer.html

#2 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thank you, cahill for posting this story.  Levin is right when she describes Isanusi Garcia Rodriguez as an ...

... an exceptional dancer with a riveting, panther-like combination of power and smoothness.

The photos accompanying the article give an idea of the range of the roles he dances.  His Tybalt was world-class, imo.  I'm sorry I missed his partnership with Deanna Seay in Diamonds.

The article explains for something that appeared puzzling --  his on-and-off relationship with the company, and especially his recent disappearance from performances after he had returned and was dancing so well.

I'm glad he has Christie Sciturro, a gifted and striking member of the MCB corps, sharing his life.  And that he has the support of his friend and "brother," fellow principal Carlos Guerra.  Wishing him the best of recoveries and a return to the studio and stage as soon as possible.

#3 mira

mira

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

I've seen Isanusi dance many times and have never seen anyone else dance with his combination of power and grace - Jordan is right - he moves like a panther.   with prayers for his full recovery.

#4 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Isanusi was always under used, way before his health issues.  We certainly wish him a full recovery and hopefully back with MCB.

"Diamonds", with Seay.

11FAPY.St.56.jpeg

"Bugaku" with Haiyan Wu.

3957_1_kcf3379.jpg

In R&J as Tybalt, with Kronenberg as Juliet and Guerra as Romeo.

34975510E.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):