This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Better late than never!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 apollo

apollo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm a 33 year old male, just discovering the pleasure of ballet. Last winter, I was watching the Nutcracker performances from around the world on PBS I think, culminating in the NYCB's live opening night telecast. Got me to attend a suburban rendition of the same that year. Not to be mean, but after watching the best in the world, its kind of like going from HD to an old VHS tape.

Fortunately I live just outside Manhattan and decided why not watch people at their best. I started this fall season with a 5th ring seat for Black and White. I was mesmerized by the lightness of step. Around the same time I reserved for myself and a date to be named later to much better seats for the Nutcracker this past weekend. And wow....this could become a very expensive habit.

While I have no technical knowledge of ballet as I suspect most of you do, I'm sure I'll become more opinionated as time goes by. For now I enjoy it on a very instinctive level.

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'm sure I'll become more opinionated as time goes by. For now I enjoy it on a very instinctive level.

Which is actually the best way! Welcome, Apollo...Posted Image

#3 apollo

apollo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

I feel the same way! It's so nice to find something I can enjoy like that.

#4 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

I feel the same way! It's so nice to find something I can enjoy like that.

Oh...there is SO MUCH ahead for you to enjoy. Watching ballet has been, at different stages of my life, probably one of the very few things I hold on to keep my emotional stability on, and I've been watching it during the hardest moments during my lifespam. I always make sure to remind dancers, whenever I have the opportunity, that there are always those type of individuals in the audience whenever they are onstage; people with all kinds of troubles wanting to have a moment of beauty and spiritual confort. Watch...watch as much as you can, my friend. And, as a personal advise, watch Giselle. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):