MCB Program IPatineurs, Apollo and the rest..

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Cristian, with all respect, I have to note that you dismiss the Taylor, which you were predisposed to dislike before seeing it, without telling us why. Can you at least tell us what you thought about the dancers?

Oh, I can't...since I never got to see it. The reason I dismissed it is basically because my interest in dancing has/had always to do basically with tutus and pointes. I have rarely enjoyed anything from any other dancing artform, including flamenco-(which bores me to death), tap, jazz, ballroom, all that riverdancing thing and right on the very bottom, barefoot contemporary stuff. That said, I have also had past experiences with Taylor's works, and they have had nothing to offer me. I know it is my limitation, but that's how it is, so why should I keep trying...? The dancers could be wonderful, and enjoyable to me in other areas, but certainly not in Taylor.

#32 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I thought I remembered that you had not seen it. I have to say, that this is a most original "case for the prosecution." Posted Image

#33 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,244 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

I thought I remembered that you had not seen it. I have to say, that this is a most original "case for the prosecution." Posted Image

"Reasonable doubt" maybe...? Posted Image

#34 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Perhaps "understandable, given the circumstances ..."???Posted Image

#35 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,244 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Perhaps "understandable, given the circumstances ..."???Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):