This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Cats in Charge

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Good on you Cubanmiamiboy for bringing in the stray. If you decide to keep her I advise getting another litter box. Also, keep her isolated from the other cat for a few days. Perhaps in bedroom with the door closed. Let Tshen-Fu get used to her presence and smell slowly.

Thanks, Perky, for the advice. As I'm writing, Tshen-Fu keeps trying to get Sylvia's-(temp name)-attention. He's the sweetest guy, all joy and humor, and all he wants to do is play, play play. Now, she seems pretty antisocial, and just seats all day long with a very serious long face, without paying ANY attention to him. When he tries to get closer-(rolling on the floor, moving his tail and doing all kinds of tricks for her to like him)-all she does is to look at him, hisses and does the same noises as the girl from "The Exorcist", to which he backs up pretty scared. Sylvia doesnt' like poor Tshen-Fu... :(

#62 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Update on Tschen-Fu. Sylvia never got along with him, so she ended up joining my mom's household, where her other female seems to be getting in better terms with her. Now...my own household has currently increased, with the addition of a little guy that followed me all the way home the other night , even crossing heavy traffic streets..(how could I have resisted... :wub: ). Now Tschen-Fu has a companion...his name is Benno. :D

#63 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

That's great, Cristian! :flowers: Benno :) :)

#64 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

CATcerto. ENTIRE PERFORMANCE. Mindaugas Piecaitis. Soloist is Nora The Piano Cat
Youtube Link

#65 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

CATcerto. ENTIRE PERFORMANCE. Mindaugas Piecaitis. Soloist is Nora The Piano Cat
Youtube Link

I got a huge chuckle out of this. It works amazingly well. I'm guessing that Nora responds to hand gestures. At one point you see a human hand in the corner of the screen opening and closing. Nora may be prompted by that.

She also seems to have a little performance anxieties with the other cats milling around on the floor.

I'm out of practice seeing a cat playing. My guy is currently 18. He's still very sweet and good natured (except with the dog) but he doesn't play anymore. He basically just eats and sleeps and purrs when he gets attention. But he hasn't done any playing in a while.

#66 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

A marvelous video. Thanks, innopac. The music is quite charming,and the cat's gesture of rubbing her check against the keys reminds me of something I actually think I saw a human pianist do at an avant-garde recital in NYC long ago.

Richard, I didn't know that this is something certain cats actually do. I'm sure you miss the music, but it sounds as though your cat is enjoying his retirement.

I am not a YouTube follower, so I was astonished to see that some of the cat videos have upwards of 18 million hits. There's a captivating one of two cats talking to one another. (It's on the same page as the video innopac linked to.) There are just the cats -- with no human interventions. Our own cat, a new adoptee, the sweet and sociable Anya, was fascinated. Alas, unlike Nora, Anya does not appear to be musical. The haunting CATcerto made no impression on her. Nor does the sound of our piano.

#67 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Youtube Link

He,he,he... :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):