• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

In BT4D Victoria Leigh was asked about her experience dancing in ABT. One of her comments in the post was that she learned so much from working with Antony Tudor.

This made me wonder about what dancers gain from working with choreographers. I would imagine with someone like Antony Tudor it would be an increased expression of the emotional side of a ballet... ?

We as the audience only see the resulting performance of a work. It would be interesting to know more about what different choreographers brought/bring to companies behind the scenes. The books Dance is a Contact Sport and Ballet Across Borders touch on those areas but I would like to understand more from both the choreographer's and the dancer's point of view.

#2 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

For those BT readers who are not BT4D readers there are some very interesting posts on BT4D in response to this question.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,061 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, innopac. I don't get over to BT4D as much as I'd like and this is indeed a good discussion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):