• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:11 AM

Miss Long is another emerging star from the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami, being formed under the wings of Miss Magaly Suarez, her teacher and Director of The Art of Classical Ballet School in Pompano Beach. I really think she deserves her little space on this Forum, and it's a pleasure to me to open it for her. I've seen Miss Long in various performances, ever since she was a teen, and most recently her Nikiya and now her Diane. Congrats, Jordan, and keep the hard work going! :angel_not:
Here's a pic of her as Diane.
http://www.flickr.co...N06/2868275432/
...and my little review of her last performance.
http://ballettalk.in...mp;#entry233801

#2 lise

lise

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

You mention that her Nikiya was a bit shy. However, here in Virginia, Miss Long was known for dancing those delicate roles such as Sleeping Beauty and Nutcracker, and I once saw her do a very funny Swanilda. I would liked to have seen her dance Diana, especially because she has a very lovely arabesque.

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

I can picture her as Swanilda, or de doll for that matters. She definitely has that kind of plasticity required for the role. BTW, Welcome to BT, Lise! :dry:

#4 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

BTW, if this is appropriate, if i may, here's a clip of her D&A...
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
:thumbsup:

#5 postitnote

postitnote

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

Jordan Elizabeth Long will be dancing this Sunday in Miami in the Cuban Classical Ballet's Nutcracker. She will dance as Dew Drop for the afternoon performance and as Sugar Plum for the evening performance.

#6 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Jordan Elizabeth Long will be dancing this Sunday in Miami in the Cuban Classical Ballet's Nutcracker. She will dance as Dew Drop for the afternoon performance and as Sugar Plum for the evening performance.

I know. Will be there to see both performances.

#7 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

I know. Will be there to see both performances.

Wait a minute...Dew Drop or Snow Queen...? :thumbsup:
Edited to add: It was indeed Dew Drop

#8 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Once again Miss Long reminded us about what a beautiful classical line is. More details of Long's exquisite performance as Satanella in the Grand Pas, as part of CCBM's double bill at the CCBM's sub-forum. Couldn't ask for more. Brava!!! :clapping:

"The Ballerina on her own two feet"

http://www.roanoke.com/extra/wb/95318

#9 rebecca0327

rebecca0327

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

she has a lot of poise ... excellent dancer - definitely one to follow

#10 postitnote

postitnote

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Ballerina takes a grand jete across the ocean

#11 Lilac Fairy

Lilac Fairy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

I was fortunate to see Miss Long's guest performance as the Sugar Plum Fairy in Southwest Virginia Ballet's 2007 Nutcracker (in which my daughter also performed). She's lovely...so petite with a long, slender neck. I wish her well in Amsterdam, and I hope I will have another opportunity to see her dance.

Jordan Elizabeth Long as Sugar Plum 2007

#12 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Welcome to BalletTalk, Lilac Fairy!

Thank you for your impressions. I hate to be greedy (not really :wink: ), but I wish she'd opted to stay in the US. It sounds like she can look forward to a brilliant career, and it would have been nice to follow her growth at close range.

#13 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to BalletTalk, Lilac Fairy!

Thank you for your impressions. I hate to be greedy (not really :clapping: ), but I wish she'd opted to stay in the US. It sounds like she can look forward to a brilliant career, and it would have been nice to follow her growth at close range.

I also wish Miss Long the best luck in Amsterdam. I spoke to her after her last appearance with the CCBM, and she gave me the news, but because it was not "official", i didn't mention it here. I certainly will miss her a lot. Her last performance in Miami was as Satanella, and she was very lovely, as usual. I found myself following her appearances with more excitement than any other dancer here, even at MCB, and this is, for sure, a big loss of the cuban company. Oh, and by the way, she is "petite" in the sense that she is very fragile looking, but as per height, she towers me-(in her heels), and i'm 5.10" .
Buena suerte, Jordan!!! :thumbsup:

#14 annyZ

annyZ

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

Congratulations Ms Long for winning the Gold Medal-Professional Category at the 2009 World Ballet Competition in Orlando!

http://www.wbcorland...n...s&Itemid=65

#15 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

Miss Long has officially joined Het Nationale Ballet-(Holland)-as a coryphée as per its official roster. Congrats Jordan!! :sweatingbullets:
http://www.het-natio...p...sm=&lang=uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):