This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Newbie from Oregon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dark Pony

Dark Pony

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:17 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin and I live in good 'ol Oregon. I'm on here for a couple reasons...i just went to the Nutcracker at the Keller auditorium and it was a very good show. I had never been to any type of ballet prior to the Nutcracker and I really enjoyed it. My girlfriend used to dance when she was younger but had some personal issues that stopped her from doing it. She is so passionate about dancing...If i need to move this question somewhere else i will...but how can she get started back up again? I bought her some dance shoes for xmas and i would love to have some knowledge about places she can go to get started again....

thanks in advance and have a great holiday season

Kevin
:off topic:

Edited by carbro, 15 December 2006 - 02:37 AM.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

Hello, Kevin.
I edited your post. We have many readers for whom English is not a native language, and out of consideration to them, I standardized your spellings.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first Nutcracker. For many of us, it was the introduction to ballet.

This is a site for the audience, not dancers. We discuss performances we've seen, the history and background of ballets, particular dancers.

:off topic:
If your girlfriend is looking to start taking ballet classes again, I suggest she pick up a copy of Dance Magazine and look at the ads in the back for a good studio convenient to her. If it doesn't work out, she can find another.

I'll return your wishes for a good holiday and close this topic. :tiphat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):