Contradiction

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 omshanti

omshanti

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

First of all I have to say that I am a person who did not know the existance of ballet untill few years a go. With this background of mine it completely depends on each reader s openness and personality whether to believe the things I have been writing on ballet talk or not to believe a word out of them. In my opinion it is not the amount of the years or experience that matters but it is the ability to see things clearly that really matters.

Defjef , on top of evey thing that has been suggested to you I would reccomend you to watch the movie Pinocchio by Roberto Benigni and study why Benigni can look like a child and a puppet so much. You will find answers to your question. I know that it is different from ballet and also that in ballet world only few people have matched Benigni s genious in that matter but I think the basic ways of characterizations or acting a character are similar.

vrsFanatic, with all due respect to your long years of involvement with ballet and you as a ballet teacher , I am afraid I have to say that I feel you have not understood what I wrote. I will make it short . I believe awareness is not a thought process. As a matter of fact it is completely opposite of thought process because it is a state of mind devoid of thoughts. Since you brought thinking in to the topic I will give you my opinion about it. Thinking is not a bad thing while dancing , only you have to differentiate between thinking and being preoccupied and have to think every thing in advance.

#32 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:02 AM

Omshanti, I am not quite sure that I was speaking directly to you in any of my posts, however I do believe we are saying the same thing. As in any profession, thinking could also be a level of awareness. In dance the educational process is to develop the body and mind into one. Respect is given also to you for your abilty to put into words many things I am not able to do. I thank all of you who have shed a shining star on an aspect of ballet that I have never been able to put a finger on. It is indeed intriguing and inspiring. :D

#33 omshanti

omshanti

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:02 AM

Omshanti, I am not quite sure that I was speaking directly to you in any of my posts,

vrsfanatic , I presumed that you were speaking directly to me because your post was after mine. I apologize.

#34 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

I just saw that David Howard's 'Ballet class: Intermediate-Advanced' is still available. I haven't seen it, but it might be of some interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):