• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:34 PM

I would love to hear how Eva Natanya is doing recently at the Royal. She was not only a lovely dancer, but judging from the "Dancer of the Week" profile on her when she was at NYCB, a truly interesting and fine person.

#2 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:48 PM

She's no longer with the Royal.

#3 NNatalie

NNatalie

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

In the Royal Ballet Yearbook, it says that she has retired from dancing and is now studying theology.

#4 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

Thank you so much for the updates.

Well, she had mentioned that as an interest in the "dancer of the week" profile. It is so interesting to see what happens to dancers after they leave...even when it feels premature from an audience point of view.

#5 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:05 AM

Violin C - How funny that you should ask about Natanya, as I was planning to do the same. I recently transfered a 'kiddie video' -- Mary Kate & Ashley's Ballet Party -- to DVD, during which I greatly admired Eva Natanya's starring role as actress and dancer. I was wondering what had happened to this lovely NYCB corps dancer!

#6 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

Eva Natanya is still a beautiful dancer; I've seen her take Sally Streets' classes in Berkeley, and don't know what to admire the most, her training, her musicality, her beauty, or her modest and generous demeanor. What a lovely person!

#7 cargill

cargill

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:31 AM

What a loss to the ballet world! I was hoping she would do well at the Royal Ballet--she seemed like such a good fit. I still remember, with awe, her Prayer in Coppelia. It was just luminous.

#8 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

What a loss to the ballet world!  I was hoping she would do well at the Royal Ballet--she seemed like such a good fit.  I still remember, with awe, her Prayer in Coppelia.  It was just luminous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it, I believe it. Please you guys, say some more about what you recall of her dancing -- her qualities, effects, roles she made sing, and what it was about her that made that happen.

#9 Lana

Lana

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

I was recently thinking about her because I had taped a documentary on SAB's graduation performance on PBS (years back) and she was dancing with Benjamin Millepied and she was wonderful. I knew she'd gone to RB, but had lost track. Thanks for the update......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):