This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Roster Changes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sdj3

sdj3

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Ballet Austin has finally begun to update the company roster on the website. Inga Loujerenko is gone, and Beth Terwilliger has been promoted from Ballet Austin II. They've hired a new male dancer, Orlando Canova, but so far there is no information on him. I'm not sure who he's replacing.

#2 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:15 PM

If it's the same person I'm thinking of, then Orlando Canova is formerly of Joffrey Ballet.

#3 Pointe1432

Pointe1432

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:30 PM

Yes, Orlando is formerly of the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago.

He's not necessarily replacing anyone, unless you consider him a replacement for a male dancer who left a little ways into the 04/05 season. Ballet Austin functioned with 19 dancers last season: 9 men and 10 women.

Inga Loujerenko retired at the end of last season performing a stunning Odette/Odile, her presence is certainly missed.

Sadly, Ballet Austin's website has been PAINFULLY slow in updating it's roster of dancers.

Edited by Pointe1432, 25 March 2006 - 09:08 AM.

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

Better the company should lag on its website than its artistic matters, but the internet provides an asset which is more valuable to the (read: any) company and its followers when info accessed through it is kept up to date.

Thanks for the clarification and updates on personnel changes, Pointe1432, and welcome to BalletTalk! :yahoo: I hope you'll stop by our Welcome Page and introduce yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):