Roster Changes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sdj3

sdj3

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Ballet Austin has finally begun to update the company roster on the website. Inga Loujerenko is gone, and Beth Terwilliger has been promoted from Ballet Austin II. They've hired a new male dancer, Orlando Canova, but so far there is no information on him. I'm not sure who he's replacing.

#2 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:15 PM

If it's the same person I'm thinking of, then Orlando Canova is formerly of Joffrey Ballet.

#3 Pointe1432

Pointe1432

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:30 PM

Yes, Orlando is formerly of the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago.

He's not necessarily replacing anyone, unless you consider him a replacement for a male dancer who left a little ways into the 04/05 season. Ballet Austin functioned with 19 dancers last season: 9 men and 10 women.

Inga Loujerenko retired at the end of last season performing a stunning Odette/Odile, her presence is certainly missed.

Sadly, Ballet Austin's website has been PAINFULLY slow in updating it's roster of dancers.

Edited by Pointe1432, 25 March 2006 - 09:08 AM.

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

Better the company should lag on its website than its artistic matters, but the internet provides an asset which is more valuable to the (read: any) company and its followers when info accessed through it is kept up to date.

Thanks for the clarification and updates on personnel changes, Pointe1432, and welcome to BalletTalk! :yahoo: I hope you'll stop by our Welcome Page and introduce yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):