This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

What should government do for the arts?The British version

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,352 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:31 PM

Supporting the Arts: the Guardian asks interested parties what the next Government should do or not do, for the arts. A quote from the director Nicholas Hytner:

The worry for me is that generations of kids are being brought up who won't be able to know what they like. The old liberal humanist education that gave students a framework through which they could appreciate, interpret and enjoy has not yet evolved into something that addresses or includes enough of tomorrow's audience. I don't feel I can make specific proposals, but I think that results-orientated arts education is less important than a commitment to introduce all kids regularly, not just once a year, to live arts, galleries and museums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):