Nina Ananiashvili in Anna Karenina

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jorgen

jorgen

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

Nina Ananiashvili :) will be back in Copenhagen guesting in two more Anna Karenina performances on August 27 and September 7 2004. Her Vronsky is Kenneth Greve, whom she also danced with in her only performance this Spring.

#2 jorgen

jorgen

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:24 AM

Nina Ananiashvili has cancelled :) her Anna Karenina performances since she is too busy after she has been announced the the new artistic director of the National Ballet of Georgia.

#3 Mary

Mary

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:20 PM

yes it's a pity she is not coming
But i think lindstrÝm looks wonderful inthe part, sp i am looking forward seeing her again

#4 jorgen

jorgen

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:42 AM

My favourite couple is Marie-Pierre Greve and Mads Blangstrup. They are so perfect together. I love Gitte LindstrÝm too, but I find more expression and emotion in M-P Greve.

#5 Ostrich

Ostrich

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:51 AM

:offtopic:

Is Marie-Pierre Greve the wife/sister of Kenneth Greve?

#6 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:53 AM

But allowable :( Marie Pierre Greve is Kenneth Greve's wife.

#7 autodidacte

autodidacte

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:14 AM

Shouldnít there be a forum for these kinds of questions? Donít get me wrong, Iím not interested in gossip but it is always fun and interesting to find out how dancers are related to each other.

My favourite Anna is Caroline Cavallo. She seems like the only one who has worked with the character. Iím looking forward to seing her being partnered by Kenneth Greve this season. I have not yet seen them dance together.

#8 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:34 AM

I think questions about dancers' relationships are best handled if and as they arise; otherwise, the fine line between seeing two identical surnames on a roster and asking if the two dancers are related and seeing two dancers walking down the street and asking "Are they an item???" would be too difficult to maintain :(

I hope, whoever the cast is, those who see these performances will report on them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):