Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikhail

Bolshoi in the US

8 posts in this topic

An interview by Maya Krylova (Nezavisimaya gazeta) with Mr. Anatoly Iksanov will be published tomorrow (http://www.ng.ru/culture/2003-12-25/6_iksanov.html). Besides the tours to Paris and London there will be a tour to the US in the fall 2004 organized by ICM company. They ask to bring Swan Lake by Grigorovitch, The Bright Stream by Ratmansky and Romeo & Juliet by Poklitaru. I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Has there been any update on the Bolshoi's planned U.S. tour? I hope they stop in NY!

Here is the schedule of the Fall 2004 Tour of the Bolshoi Ballet (courtesy of the Bolshoi press office):

Boston, Wang Center:

Oct 6, 7 - Raymonda

Oct 8, 9, 10 - Don Quixote

Mexico City, Auditorio Nacional:

Oct 14, 15, 16 (+matinee) - Giselle (Vasiliev)

Oct 17, 18, 19 - Raymonda

Minneapolis, Northrop Auditorium:

Oct 22 - Romeo and Juliet

Oct 23, 24 - Don Quixote

Seattle, Paramount Theatre:

Oct 27, 28 - Romeo and Juliet

Oct 29, 30 (+matinee), 31 - Don Quixote

Berkeley, Zellerbach Auditorium:

Nov 3, 4 - Romeo and Juliet

Nov 5, 6 (+matinee), 7 - Raymonda

Chicago, Auditorium Theatre:

Nov 10, 11 - Don Quixote

Nov 12, 13 (+matinee), 14 - Raymonda

The Chicago performances don't seem to be finalised yet, as there is a chance Chicago might get Romeo and Juliet on Nov 12 and 13. More details nearer to the time.

Thanks, Marc! Odd that they're skipping the Kennedy Center. We were supposed to get them every year for ten years (same as the Kirov).

A flyer from the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University (Chicago)

indicates (as Marc stated) the ballets of the Bolshoi Nov 10-14 2004 performances

will be Don Quixote: Wed. & Thur. 7:30 pm

and Raymonda: Fri. 7:30 pm, Sat. 1 & 7:30 pm, Sun. 2pm.

I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Who says we don't want to see it? I certainly do.

But, they are skipping the entire east coast of the US, so.....

I am surprised about the Kennedy Center, however....

Any news on casting for the fall U.S. tour? I'm specifically interested in the Boston performances.

Thanks,

Susan

An interview by Maya Krylova (Nezavisimaya gazeta) with Mr. Anatoly Iksanov will be published tomorrow (http://www.ng.ru/culture/2003-12-25/6_iksanov.html). Besides the tours to Paris and London there will be a tour to the US in the fall 2004 organized by ICM company. They ask to bring Swan Lake by Grigorovitch, The Bright Stream by Ratmansky and Romeo & Juliet by Poklitaru. I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?

Mikhail wrote:

"I wonder why Americans do not want to watch Pharaoh’s Daughter?"

- Mikhail, you are joking! I wouldn't mind seeing it again. But I can tell you this much - I don't know of a single ballet goer who graves to see the latest and greatest R&J :-(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0