This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

pic ident

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:44 AM

this is essentially a sample/test from my end.
the picture i'm attempting to attach has been identified as 'liliana grahan' from a group of russian post cards. from what i can read in the fine print on this image - i don't have the original in my possession - the name is not written in russian.
idly i'm just wondering if this could be somehow related to lucille grahn.
any thoughts?

Attached Files

#2 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 02:27 PM

Neednt be so strange at all. "Gran" or "Grahn" is not an unusual name in Scandinavian countries (it means fir-tree). In the beginning of last century there were large Scandinavian communities in St. Petersburg. Speaking of Sweden now, it was very poor, people were literally starving, and the period around 1850-1920 approx. masses of people emigrated. There were two distinct groups of emigrants. Crofters and people without a trade went to the US, people with a trade went east. There is still a large community in St-P. with Swedish names and these days they are allowed to search for their roots. Evening classes in Swedish are popular and I was actually guest teacher during my visit there.
So, highly unlikely that it should be a relative of the Danish ballerina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):