This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Fantastic SFB dancers!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PleeA

PleeA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 07:04 PM

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of watching 2 SFB dancers at the Gala of International Ballet Stars here in Ohio. Kristin Long and Joan Boada performed "Le Corsaire" pas de deux, and I can honestly say that the audience was spellbound. Having never had the opportunity to see any dancers from this company, I envy those of you that are lucky enough to see them on a regular basis. Joan Boada seemed to defy gravity with his leaps, and Kristin Long had us all mesmerized with her fouettes and turns. They got a well-deserved standing ovation!

#2 lillianna

lillianna

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 07:32 PM

Having moved to the west coast in the past year, it has been a real pleasure to watch the dancers of the SFB. The men are so amazing. There are so many great guys here. I think that Joan Broada's performance in Don Quixote was a real peak performance of the year. The principal women are also amazing. Kristin is the spark plug of the group, I think. She is the jumpy turny one. They each have their own special abilities and are each outstanding. I love Julie Diana's gracefulness and gorgeous smile. Lorena Feijoo is amazing in many roles--she was an absolutely amazing Kitrie. I have never seen anyone do turns like she did--triple fouettes while opening and closing a fan!! Yuan Yuan Tan has great extensions and placements. Muriel Maffree's long limbs look gorgeous in many numbers. I look forward to seeing Tina LeBlanc this season. She was off on maternity leave last year. But the men steal the show most nights. They are without a doubt the most talented group of male dancers in the country. I can't wait for the season to start again.

#3 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 05:49 AM

There are three extremely positive reviews today on the Links section of the board. They praise not only Christopher Wheeldon but the dancers of the San Francisco Ballet! :) :yes:

Wouldn't it be something to have an opportunity to bring all the best ballet companies of the world together somewhere for a week, in order to see them all perform?

#4 Guest_Angel2Be_*

Guest_Angel2Be_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

I think Yuan Yuan Tan is simply divine. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):