This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY CLEANS UP ITS ACT!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glebb

glebb

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

The (un)Original Cast Recording - Volume 5 is the best since Volumes 1 and 2, in my opinion.

Created and written by Gerard Alessandrini, "Forbidden Broadway Cleans Up Its Act" stars Bryan Batt, Lori Hammel, Edward Staudenmayer and Kristine Zbornik.

This study on the 'mousification' of Broadway spoofs the raunchy "Cabaret", "Chicago" and "Swan Lake". Other selections are "A Jolly Holiday With Rudy" - Julie Andrews and Rudolf Giulianni, "The Lion King" - "The Circle of Mice", "Can You Feel The Pain Tonight?", and a very wicked tribute to Julie Taymor, "Titanic, The Musical" - "Ship of Air", Bernadette Peters in "Annie Get Your Gun", Ann Miller in "I'm Still Weird" (I'm Still Here), "Gagtime" medley, "Super-Frantic-Hyper-Active Self-Indulgent-Mandy"(Pitinkin), "Find Mary Martin" (Climb Every Mountain).

This CD is perfect for a four mile run!

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 06:52 PM

:blushing: Glebb, thanks for the heads up. I must hear "Super-Frantic-Hyper-Active Self-Indulgent-Mandy." :speechless:

#3 Mary J

Mary J

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:04 AM

I love this cd, too! My favorite part is the tribute (?) to Les Miz, the "only show with its own pension plan..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):