This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lydia Sokolova

Though much interested in ballet for a score of years, only recently did I read the fascinating biography of Hilda Munnings/Lydia Sokolova. When her book ended, I was disappointed; What happened to her next? Beyond a line or two of obituary notices, I've been unlucky at discovering details of the post - Diaghilev sequel of her life and would be grateful for pointers to relevant references. Thanks for your attention.  

On 2/19/2023 at 7:57 PM, M. Apitet said:

Though much interested in ballet for a score of years, only recently did I read the fascinating biography of Hilda Munnings/Lydia Sokolova. When her book ended, I was disappointed; What happened to her next? Beyond a line or two of obituary notices, I've been unlucky at discovering details of the post - Diaghilev sequel of her life and would be grateful for pointers to relevant references. Thanks for your attention.  

When Diaghilev died many dancers had to find employment elsewhere. Lydia choreographed some London musicals and in 1935 she danced in Leon Woizikovsky's Company. She also danced in the Royal Ballet production of Massine's The Good-Humoured Ladies in 1962.