This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cecchetti References?

One of my ballet teachers asked me if i knew of any reference books/video on the Cecchetti style. I don't know of any (Bournonville and Vaganova are readily available, but i don't really see any in Cecchetti). So i thought i would ask here if anyone had a direction to point me.

thx

-goro-

There's Cyril Beaumont's A Manual of the Theory and Practice of Classical Theatrical Dancing (Cecchetti method). Lots of copies are available through Amazon (link above).

For a video, there's:

Cecchetti video:" Ballet: The Tradition of Cecchetti"

You can also check out the website of The Cecchetti Council of America. There's a lot of information there, people to contact, and a few informative articles, like the detailed one on épaulement.

Cecchetti Council of America website

Look on their ordering page for more books, an instructional Cecchetti video, CDs of Cecchetti music for all levels of the syllabus, a DVD for children's Grades One and Two, and Cecchetti syllabus booklets. Only hitch is you must be a paying member of the Council to buy most of these items.

And, btw, here's where you are allowed to use the word "method" -- It's the Cecchetti Method, not the Cecchetti Style. :helpsmilie:

There's Cyril Beaumont's A Manual of the Theory and Practice of Classical Theatrical Dancing (Cecchetti method). Lots of copies are available through Amazon (link above).

For a video, there's:

Cecchetti video:" Ballet: The Tradition of Cecchetti"

You can also check out the website of The Cecchetti Council of America. There's a lot of information there, people to contact, and a few informative articles, like the detailed one on épaulement.

Cecchetti Council of America website

Look on their ordering page for more books, an instructional Cecchetti video, CDs of Cecchetti music for all levels of the syllabus, a DVD for children's Grades One and Two, and Cecchetti syllabus booklets. Only hitch is you must be a paying member of the Council to buy most of these items.

And, btw, here's where you are allowed to use the word "method" -- It's the Cecchetti Method, not the Cecchetti Style. :clapping:

Thank you so very much, Marga. Quite excellent references for the Cecchetti Method! :)

-goro-