This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Music for Choreography Competition

Some of you will remember, I'm going to enter a choreography competition next year and my entry was going to be "La Neige Blanc" with music from many different ballets and an opera. Well, I have been told that it is too hard to obtain the copyrights for such an extensive piece choice so I have changed what my ballet is going to be. I will use sections from Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty and Swan Lake arranged by myself for piano. The reason I am arranging it for piano is so that I can get the tempos that I want and I can cut certain sections out of the music as I do have a time limit. The setting is a very dark forest at night. I am not sure whether the girls are going to be fairies or dryads but they will be either one. The music goes:

1. Panorama (Sleeping Beauty - Act II)

2. Scene Dansante (Sleeping Beauty - Prologue)

3. La Fee Or (Sleeping Beauty - Act III)

4. La Fee Argent (Sleeping Beauty - Act III)

5. La Fee Sapphir (Sleeping Beauty - Act III)

6. Black Swan Pas de Deux Variation II (The real one - not the Drigo one - Swan Lake)

7. Black Swan Pas de Deux Variation I (Swan Lake - Act III/I)

8. Pas de Six Variation III (Swan Lake - Act III)

9. Pas de Six Variation IV (Swan Lake - Act III)

10. Miettes qui Tombent (Sleeping Beauty - Prologue)

11. Coulantes. Fleur de Farine (Sleeping Beauty - Prologue)

12. Scene: Sortie des Invites et Waltz (Swan Lake - Act III)

The Panorama and Scene Dansante are dances for all the dryads/fairies. Numbers 3-11 are variations for the dryads/fairies and 12 will be used for the coda. I think I will use proper recordings for the Panorama and Scene Dansante and the rest will be arranged for piano.

What do you think about this one?