This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Musikken til Bournonvilles Balletter

Recently, I asked if anyone knew where I could find a recording of Le Conservatoire (Konservatoriet) and a few people suggested "Musikken til Bournonvilles Balletter" which is a compilation of 9 discs of almost all the Bournonville ballets (except a few divertissements). At first I thought this would be a waste of money seeing as I only wanted Le Conservatoire but I bought it anyway as I was desperate for Le Conservatoire so I bought it and after I listened to Conservatoire, I listened to the rest of the CDs and there'll all FANTASTIC. I suggest if you are looking for music of any of the Bournonville ballets that you should buy this 9-disc set. I didn't buy it on Dancebooks (I think that's what was suggested to me) as I couldn't find it there but I bought it straight from the manufacturer, Danacord. Danacord's Homepage It was flown out from Denmark to Australia in only four days!

Thanks, and thanks for the link, MiinkusPugni. The conductor -- it's Peter Ernst Lassen, is it not? I was told that, but haven't checked it -- is regarded as THE pre-eminent Bournonville conductor. He gives a flavor to the music that no one else does. (I wish I had his "Coppelia" and his "Giselle" too.)