This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Stone dead forum

I just noticed that the forum for Swedish Royal Ballet is stone dead, not a single poster. Jörgen, have you been there?

Well, I must explain, I live on the west coast of Sweden - to travel to Stockholm and back you need two days and have to spend the night somewhere. Jörgen lives even further south - even longer travel. Jörgen, on the other hand, is closer to Copenhagen. I am close to the Atlantic - looking out, the next thing you would see from here would be Nova Scotia. :clapping:

Now, however, I have a list of the Stockholm Opera Ballet rep. for the season and I would like to post that. Going into Foreign ballet comp. I just could not enter

Swedish Op. Bal. forum. It just stuck and I couldnt get any further. Forum closed down or what, or do we just need some gymnastics here? Please help!

Here we go. From a fresh newspaper, the rep. for the Spring season:-

"A Midsummer nights dream" Chor. John Neumeier, music Mendelssohn-Batholdy,

György Ligeti and others.

"Great Masters of Dance" Allegro Brillante (Balanchine-Tchaikovsky)

Symphony of Psalms (Kylian-Stravinsky)

Apartment (Mats Ek - Fläskkvartetten (live) )

"Swan Lake" (Petipa, Ivanov & Wright)

Well, that seems to be all. Not that much if one considers that the season stretches to June 19.

Further info: www.operan.se - they probably have some info in English as well.

I thought I would add to your postings I have just returned from Stocholm after seeing two performances of Midsummers night dream J Neumeier. I have seen the company perform many times.

Both casts were good in different ways. the first cast was Anna Valev- Hippolyta

and Olaf Westring-Theseus both were good , I was impressed by Olaf Westring he has a huge stage presence.

The second cast was Marie Lindqvist she was amazing

The ballet works well, the forest faries were dark and scary,(a nice change from the usual sweet faries)

I also noticed some younger dancers, one in particular that had great classical lines and beautiful legs and feet.

I would recommend that if you get the chance go and see, the prices are very good

(compared to Covent garden london) and the inside of the operan is very impressive.

Thank you for reporting in, fabby6. Welcome to BalletTalk!

We're having an interesting discussion of Neumeier about his Nijinsky, which is touring America right now. It sounds like some of it relates to what you saw, especially in your interest at seeing threatening fairies for a change. Check it out.

I hope you'll report more about the Swedes and anywhere else you see ballet in your travels!